Blog of Chang

from the computer of chang in the den of chang in the house of chang which belongs to the chang(s)

Saturday, July 26, 2008

I May Be Nuts...

But I can't eat them! This weekend we found out the hard way that I (Josiah) am allergic to peanuts. I got to eat those yummy Rice Krispie Treats with the peanut butter in them and the chocolate/butterscotch icing. It was so good! Unfortunately about 30 minutes after I had it I started coughing and then wheezing. Daddy and Mommy took me to the Emergency Room where they gave me some shots and made me take some other medicines. The doctor then told me that I had to stay overnight in the hospital. Daddy and Mommy say that I was a really good boy through it all.

Here is a picture of me and Daddy in the emergency room:
This is me in a really big bed in the middle of the night:Don't I look sad in this one:Here is my first ankle bracelet. Daddy and Mommy kept saying things like, "I hope this isn't an indication of his future..." I don't know what that means, or why they would think I would need an ankle bracelet later on in my life. I still don't know what it was for, just that every time I went near the door to get to the rest of the hospital I'd hear an alarm.The good news is that I'm ok now. My brother and I are both going to see a pediatric allergist at the beginning of August. Oh yeah, we also have these really funny pens in our diaper bag. Mommy says they have medicine in them in case it ever happens again, but she never wants to have to use them. I don't think I want her to use them, either!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben & Misey said...

Oh how scary! I'm so glad that he's doing okay. How are mom and dad?!?! I can't imagine!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Hi Josiah!

I have a friend who has a little guy just your age who is also allergic to peanuts. Tell your mom to email my friend Ember. Here's her email address: ember at kernfamilyonline dot com. Okay? She'll tell your mom all of the fun things she makes for her little guy that are not only tasty but are peanut free (and also how to not have a panic attack when you go to public places like the playground and restaurants and stuff and think of all the kids who had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and are now touching all the stuff you're touching). I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home