Blog of Chang

from the computer of chang in the den of chang in the house of chang which belongs to the chang(s)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

When Good Dogs Go Bad

Since we now have two dogs, we thought it would be good to get a doggie door. One plus to that is that I wouldn't have to get up so often to let our little poochies out (getting up is getting harder to do). Mark and I spent lots of time and treats trying to get Chloe to go in and out of the doggie door. For quite a while she really didn't want to go in or out, and then she didn't want to do it unless there was a treat on the other side. It took her a while to figure out that the treat was being able to roam freely inside and out!

Well, today we got our wish and more. Chloe went outside all by herself. When I hadn't heard from her in a while, I decided maybe I should call for her. She came around the corner, and what do I see but our beautiful little doggie with a mud-covered snout and paws. Her reward for this feat? A nice, long bath, of course! Here she is in the bathtub before the mud formed...
During the cleaning off process...

And the end result with a clean nose...but we're not sure where her eyes are. :)

Not to leave the other dog out, George is adjusting well. Maybe too well. The other night we were away and came home to find part of a chocolate cake missing from the top of our table. The table is counter-height, and he would have to get up on the chairs to get to the top. The next morning while Mark was studying, more of the cake mysteriously disappeared. Today we were preparing to eat lunch and we looked up to find George sitting in the chair across from us. I think we may just have two behavior-challenged dogs on our hands! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger the isaacs said...

ahhh the joys of having pets :) You might like the book Marley & Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog by John Grogan. It is a well-written, heart-warming book documenting the antics of his family's behavior-challenged, yet beloved, lab :) Easy and fun read!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Virginia Living said...

I like to blame missing cake on Isaac too. hee-hee.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Buck and Jess! said...

Alisa you are cracking me up! :o) Do you want the buffet line picture posted on your blog too Little Jen? Hee-hee :)

6:30 PM  
Blogger House of Chang said...

Hey now - I don't need an excuse for any eating I do...I'm eating for three! I made two desserts last week and I'm ready for two more for this week. It really was the dog that ate the chocolate cake...this time...

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what happened to George..."Auntie Annie" didn't let him sit at the table (although I was "bad cop" to Patrice's "good cop"--and the rules may have relaxed once I moved out...)

:)

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home