Blog of Chang

from the computer of chang in the den of chang in the house of chang which belongs to the chang(s)

Friday, February 10, 2006

Thoughts from the Couch of Chang

Well, it's been a long time since I've updated. Last week we got a shock when my maternal Grandmother had a sudden heart attack and passed away. We spent the week in Illinois with family. My cousins all made it in for the funeral, which is a feat in itself. It was actually a little strange seeing all my cousins as adults and many as parents! It was sad to say good-bye to Grandma, but good to be with family. The most comforting thing is knowing that Grandma is in heaven, celebrating with her Creator!

Celebrating around here, however, hasn't really been happening. I returned to sunny, warm Arizona with a monster cold and cough. Normally I can kick this type of thing in a couple of days. However, pregnancy messes with the immune system, and mine is apparently malfunctioning. I've been off work pretty much all week, and my doctor told me not to plan to be back until next week. He was right. Hence, thoughts from the Couch of Chang.

There really is nothing else to report. Besides Chloe moving from the couch to the floor and the color of juice in my glass, the scenery in the living room of the House of Chang is pretty much the same as it was at the beginning of this experience. On the good side, I have been able to catch up on some e-mails in betweens naps and coughing spells.

I really can't complain, though. My appt. with the doctor went fine, and I got to hear both babies' heartbeats. They're both doing well and none the worse for the wear. In just over a week we'll get to find out if we'll be welcoming baby boys or baby girls A & B into the world!

For now, it's more fluids, naps, and re-runs of Gilmore Girls. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Living said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! It's the worst when you are pregnant. I hope you get better soon. We would love to see some preggie pics of you as soon as you get them.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Buck and Jess! said...

I agree! We want to see pregnant Jen--you are probably not even showing yet, although with twins, you'll be showing plenty later! :o) Hope you're feeling better soon. It takes forever when you're pregnant, take it from the marathon pregnant lady :o)

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home