Blog of Chang

from the computer of chang in the den of chang in the house of chang which belongs to the chang(s)

Friday, May 16, 2008

Swimming Day 3

We are taking swimming lessons now! We aren't really learning how to swim using strokes as much as learning how to get to the edge of the pool and rescue ourselves if we fall in. We go to see Miss Cari every day in the morning and she teaches us what to do in the water. We've only been to three lessons, but here is what our morning was like today:

First, we get up EARLY and eat breakfast. Today we got to eat at our little table, and I (Josiah) decided I was going to wear my pajama top and a diaper. My brother is wearing his pajama tops and bottoms.Here I am hugging Miss Cari. I like to fake cry during lessons to see if she'll rescue me, or if Mommy or Daddy will hold me. It usually doesn't work. However, Miss Cari will let us give her hugs in the middle of lessons sometimes!


Here I am practicing going from back float to front to swim:

Here is Jonathan doing his lesson...

First hugging Miss Cari:


Here he is getting ready to swim to the bar:

This (hopefully) is the video of us swimming this morning!



Jonathan always says, "No" when Miss Cari asks if he wants to swim to the bar. Then he tucks his chin, pulls his legs up, and pushes off of her legs. He then proceeds to swim to the bar and hold on. I say no, cry, and then when she puts me in position I swim to the bar. We like to cry through the whole lesson, but Mommy sees right through it. She always says how proud she is of us and how well we're doing. Today I floated on my back, and Jonathan really tried to swim! Mommy is going to try to remember to take videos at the end of the week so we can show everyone how much we progress! If you want to learn more, you can visit the ISR Website, or see the Today Show clip about it!

*Mommy is having some technical difficulties with the video she took - hopefully we'll be able to post our swimming from today soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home