Blog of Chang

from the computer of chang in the den of chang in the house of chang which belongs to the chang(s)

Monday, November 06, 2006

Walk, Don't Run

This is your invitation to join me and a few thousand others for the PF Chang Rock N Roll Marathon in January! As the title of this blog implies, I will be walking, not running. If you're reading this you know me, and you know that I'm no athlete. Last year two friends and I volunteered to get up WAAAY before dawn and pass out water to the runners and walkers (see post on "What I Learned About Marathons" from last January). At the time I was pregnant with the current focal points of the Blog of Chang. I think it was then that my friends and I decided that training to do the 1/2 marathon would be a good way to get rid of the baby weight we didn't shed as a result of childbirth.

So the time has come and training has officially begun for the 1/2 marathon! My friends Kelly and Sheri and I are committed to doing it (we'll be more committed when we've actually signed up and paid the registration fee). We'd love to have more friends there walking with us, cheering us on, and Mark and Matt would probably appreciate some friends to help with the boys that day! :) That said, sign up and join us to witness firsthand what could be the only athletic event that I'll participate in throughout my entire adult life!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Let me think. January. Not Minnesota, big plus. Hummmm....eight months pregnant. I don't think so, but thanks for the invite!!! :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Virginia Living said...

I want to SOOOO much. Too bad no money for a plane ticket. Maybe you could do one here?

6:24 AM  
Blogger House of Chang said...

Maybe we should plan for next year - September 2007 in Virginia Beach, or January 2008 in Phoenix! We could make it a big reunion...Phoenix is so nice in the winter...no snow here!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Virginia Living said...

YES! That's a great idea! Let's get planning. :) Unless of course there are any more little Changs on the way. hee-hee.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ben & Misey said...

Hi!!
Good luck on the marathon!

Wanted to let you know we changed the address on our blog.

benandmisey.blogspot.com

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home